Whether it is a massive 8.1 magnitude earthquake in Peru, a horrific tsunami in Indonesia, or the devastating floods from hurricanes Katrina and Rita, natural disasters occur often and impact our world, our country, and very often our communities.
As the media focuses more and more on natural disasters, our children become aware of the devastation and harm that is caused by these events. Should they be concerned? Are they concerned? You won't know unless you ask.
Some of the issues you may want to discuss with your kids about natural disasters are:
- Discuss what is an earthquake, hurricane, or tornado. Explore Internet sites together such as weatherwizkids.com so your child understands how they occur.
- Talk about what happens to people when they experience any of these events.
- Tell them what your family would do if a disaster occurred where you live.
- What we could do to help victims of the disasters?
Here are some questions you may want to ask your kids:
- Do you think a hurricane, tornado, or earthquake could occur where we live?
- What do you think would happen?
"Even though your kids will consistently do the exact opposite of what you're telling them to do, you have to keep loving them just as much." -Bill Cosby
Keep Up-To-Date On The Latest News From KidsTerrain
Submit your e-mail address (see the banner above) to receive notifications of free webinars, vital news, and more. At KidsTerrain we respect your privacy. Your e-mail address will not be shared and you may unsubscribe at any time.
Teaching Body Confidence
Each year, millions of Americans are diagnosed with eating disorders, and 90% of those diagnosed are adolescent and young women. Even more alarming, this number has doubled since the 1960s, with the age groups getting younger, as young as seven years of age.
Our Teaching Body Confidence
webinar, presented by Rebecca L. Manley, Founder of the Multiservice Eating Disorders Association, (MEDA), offers recommendations for helping children develop a healthy body image.
Purchase this vital webinar for only $ 15.00!