How To Navigate The Geriatric Health Care System
How to Navigate the Geriatric Healthcare System
Order Now Only $15.00
For group sales rates please contact group sales.
Are you a member of the Sandwich Generation -- "sandwiched" between caring for children and aging parents, all the while working a full time job?
The care of elderly parents can be overwhelming, particularly when a loved one’s health is in decline. Questions such as:
- How long can Dad or Mom stay on his or her own?
- Where will he or she go?
- What can we afford?
- What resources are available?
- What will happen to my parent’s assets?
- Will he or she have to move in with us?
And if the parent lives a long distance away, the issues and concerns are compounded.
That’s why we’ve teamed up with Home Staff to present this webinar to help you navigate the myriad elder programs and services available to help you.
What will this webinar offer you?
- Information on resources and services available such as:
- ASAP - Aging Service Access Point
- Local Council On Aging
- SHINE counselors
- Support groups for elders and caregivers
- Options for home care
- Differences types of elder care facilities
What else will you learn?
- The role of the geriatric case manager
- The role of health care facility social workers/case managers
- Importance of an elder law attorney
- Working with a financial advisor
- Choosing a geriatric physician
- Where to seek professional assistance
If you have asked yourself any of the following questions, this webinar is for you.
- What questions should I ask a private home care provider?
- Can my local elder services organization help me?
- What type of adult day care programs are available?
About the presenter: WorkTerrain, a division of KidsTerrain, Inc. teamed with Home Staff, LLC to present this webinar. Home Staff, LLC is a home health care agency founded in 1977 that provides quality personal care, homemaking, respite, and chore services for the Northern MA, Greater Springfield, Cape Cod, and Central MA areas. For additional information about Home Staff, LLC contact Brett Salmonson or visit www.homestaffma.com.